MARCH 25, 2021
RETURN TO IN-PERSON WORSHIP UPDATE
To our Church Members, Friends, and Family:
It is hard to believe that it has been more than a year since we last worshipped together in the building. However, we are truly blessed to have the opportunity to worship virtually for several months and outdoor worship.
Now that San Diego has entered the red tier, we are so grateful to share that we are able to welcome members and guests back to indoor worship with modifications. In preparation, we have reviewed the CAL/OSHA COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Places of Worship and are finalizing a safe Return to In-Person Worship Plan. One key modification to note is that worship in the main auditorium is limited to 25% capacity or no more than 100.
Our target date for an in-person worship service is April 11, 2021. Service will begin at 9:00am and will last for approximately an hour.
We understand that not everyone is comfortable returning right away and recognize that those “at risk” with underlying health conditions will need to stay home. In fact, for some of us, it may be much longer before we feel comfortable in a large crowd.
That is OK! You need to feel comfortable with the decision that you make for your family; whether to gather in-person or continue to connect virtually via YouTube. We will continue to livestream Sunday worship, Wednesday, and Friday night sessions. There are also Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Tuesday morning Zoom Bible studies that you can attend. Whether you attend in-person or at your home, you are still a critical and important part of the 61st & Division Streets congregation.
As we prepare for our return to worship, we will ask several things of our members and guests related to facilitating an orderly worship service.
Please be mindful of the following return to worship guidelines:
- If you are not feeling well (fever, cough, shortness of breath, achiness, etc.,), we want you to stay home and watch on-line. Please do not put others at risk for this virus or any other illness you may have.
- We are requesting your cooperation by asking you to submit to a temperature check with a touchless thermometer, before entering the building.
- Advice from healthcare professionals ask that you agree to wear a face covering/mask.
- We will clean, sanitize, disinfect, and wipe down frequently touched surfaces prior to the start of the various services.
- We are requesting that that you limit the “touching” of doorknobs and handrails, and not gather in hallways/doorways or parking lot.
- Healthcare professionals ask that you refrain from handshakes, hugs, or high-fives during this pandemic.
- We will follow the CAL\OSHA COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Places of Worship guidelines. This will limit the number of people in the service and how close we can sit together. We will ask ushers to assist you to your seats in a manner that does not require you to crawl over one another.
- The ushers will need to monitor the number of individuals entering and exiting the bathrooms (allowing no more than two people at a time).
- We will not pass communion or contribution plates. Upon check-in, members and guests will be provided with a baggie that includes the communion cup, a contribution envelope, and a prayer request card.
- Food and coffee will not be provided in the common areas until further notice.
- Bible study classes for youth and adults will continue virtually, via Zoom, until further notice.
- Your cooperation with the ushers, is imperative, when entering and exiting the auditorium and building.
- Sunday worship service as well as Wednesday and Friday devotion time, continue via YouTube streaming until further notice.
That first Sunday back is going to be joyous, but we must be considerate of differing levels of comfort with this return.
As a Leadership team, we seek your prayers as we prepare for “in-person” worship services. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to any member of the team. Or contact the church office at 619-263-6931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In His Name,
Taylor A. McKenzie, Minister
Bruce Martin, Education Director
Marquis Daniels, Youth Director
Ted Sanders, Deacon
Roger Cooper, Deacon
Elijah Scott, Deacon
Harold Wesson, Deacon
MARCH 25, 2020
Effective Until Further Notice
Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you as we face this virus and its spread across the country. The leadership has decided that in the interest of safety, we will comply with the State of California mandate. Therefore, the leadership has moved Worship Services and Devotion to our YouTube channel. You may access these services through our website.
Click on our YouTube Channel for
- LORD’S DAY (SUNDAY) Worship Service···································9:00am
- Devotion & Words of Inspiration (WEDNESDAY)··························6:00pm
- Devotion & Words of Inspiration (FRIDAY)···································6:00pm
For prayer requests please utilize the website and enter your prayer request. We will monitor the site to follow-up on prayer needs. We should continue to pray for one another daily.
Please pick up communion kits on Wednesday at the church building between the hours of 10:00 a.m. & 12:00 noon in room 16.
Offerings – There are several giving options available:
- Online Giving through Tithe.ly. Click HERE to be taken to Tithe.ly
- By Mail – You may mail your offering to the church: 61st and Division Streets Church of Christ, P.O. Box 740068, San Diego, CA 92174.
- Online Banking Transfer – Use Tithe.ly to transfer your contribution from your personal checking account.
As we adjust to these temporary changes in our lives, please remember that God is in control. We should continue to study the Word daily, pray, stay healthy, and keep in contact with each other.